Simple, Actionable, Everyday Services is inspired by my need to give service, beyond my work. As I began inquiry within about service I felt unsure how, when, where, and to whom to give without exhausting myself with an already full life of family, friends, partner, and the many clients I already serve. What I began to notice is that Everyday Services are already happening and available to offer IF I both pay attention to what IS already happening AND value the service, however small it is. Here are a few things I began to notice…
- Self-Care IS Service, which cultivates Self-Love- A MUST, eventually- which leads to Service in the world from your cup flowing over. Now what kind of world would that be to live in, together?!
Here are some of the simple things that can flow forth:
- Smile at someone, anyone; a friend, your partner, a stranger, an elder.
- Find money on the street? Give it to a homeless person or someone in need.
- Chant mantras, meditate, sing, dance, move, engage art, take a walk on the WILD side… anywhere, somewhere outside for the world; in the world.
- Reach out with a phone call to someone who could use some caring, understanding words.
- Bring a bowl of soup to someone who could use some comfort, warmth, and nourishment.
- Give your time, energy, money, or expertise to an animal, person, or place; an organization, a cause, a radio station, near or far, large or small- that doesn’t matter- what matters is you are inspired to engage!